- A box of 4 magic erasers is around $5 and these things are genuinely as close to real-life magic as you can get. Magic erasers can clean up almost any surface stain in your house with just a little bit of water and some elbow grease. I’ve seen these things completely overpower wall stains, stovetop gunk, and shower stains without very much effort at all. They are truly remarkable.
- Set your table. This gives the dining room a classy feel and allows the buyer to actually see themselves sitting down for a meal. It also transforms a boring table into an elegant dining space. Use a nice tablecloth and your best dinner set and you won’t regret it.
- Touch up paint. Odds are, you didn’t use the exact amount of paint you bought the last time you repainted a room, and if that’s true you probably have the leftover paint from that project sitting on a shelf in your garage. Use that paint to touch up any scuffs or stains on your walls.
- Make sure your home is well lit. Change any light bulbs that may have burnt out and open all of your shades to ensure that your house is bright and beautiful when it is shown.
- Remove personal items. There are 2 reasons to do this. Family photos, children’s fridge drawings, etc. are great, but you want the buyers to see themselves in that house, not you as the current occupant. Also, removing mail, pill bottles, or paperwork from your office can help protect you. Stolen information shouldn’t be a problem, but it’s better to be safe than sorry.